Ontario Storms Site!

Ontario Storms Site! (http://www.ontariostorms.com/index.php)
-   The Truck Stop: Storm Talk & Chit-Chat (http://www.ontariostorms.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Tornado Elkhart IN (http://www.ontariostorms.com/showthread.php?t=859)

Anspray 09-27-2011 05:11 PM

Tornado Elkhart IN
 
NWS STORM SURVEY CONFIRMED AN EF0 TORNADO WITH ESTIMATED WIND SPEEDS OF 70 TO 75 MPH. THE TORNADO HAD A PATH LENGTH OF 0.6 MILES AND A MAXIMUM WIDTH OF 30 YARDS. MINOR

Derecho 09-28-2011 03:17 PM

Re: Tornado Elkhart IN
 
Whoop-Dee-Doo!

Anspray 09-28-2011 07:38 PM

Re: Tornado Elkhart IN
 
Thats exciting these days.

Derecho 09-28-2011 07:48 PM

Re: Tornado Elkhart IN
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anspray (Post 4257)
Thats exciting these days.

What makes this storm report so impressive or exciting that it is of urgent need for sharing on Ontario Storms?

davefootball123 09-28-2011 07:48 PM

Re: Tornado Elkhart IN
 
How bout the F0 confirmed in Grimsby. Thats exciting too. Also, its hard the believe its been over a month since August 24th outbreak

Derecho 09-28-2011 07:52 PM

Re: Tornado Elkhart IN
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by davefootball123 (Post 4259)
How bout the F0 confirmed in Grimsby. Thats exciting too.

Yeah, or the Memphis supercell on September 25. That was pretty exciting to watch unfold.

Or that stationary low pressure system that has been sitting over the Midwest for almost a week. That's exciting. It's been generating storms and heavy rain all over the Great Lakes region for days.

davefootball123 09-28-2011 07:54 PM

Re: Tornado Elkhart IN
 
Yes it has. Speaking of that Supercell that went over northern areas of Memphis and Shelby County. I was watching it with live streaming and it was quite exciting to watch unfold.

Derecho 09-28-2011 08:00 PM

Re: Tornado Elkhart IN
 
2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by davefootball123 (Post 4261)
Yes it has. Speaking of that Supercell that went over northern areas of Memphis and Shelby County. I was watching it with live streaming and it was quite exciting to watch unfold.

Most indeed good sir, most indeed.

Why, I even have some screen shots yes I do. Ho-ho!

One image is of the WREG tower cam as the supercell was crossing the Mississippi(that's with four I's) and the other is a radar shot before the tornado warning was issued for Shelby County.

Pardon the splash that will emanate from my champagne glass after my monocle falls into it.

davefootball123 09-28-2011 08:02 PM

Re: Tornado Elkhart IN
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Derecho (Post 4262)
Most indeed good sir, most indeed.

Why, I even have some screen shots yes I do. Ho-ho!

One image is of the WREG tower cam as the supercell was crossing the Mississippi(that's with four I's) and the other is a radar shot before the tornado warning was issued for Shelby County.

Pardon the splash that will emanate from my champagne glass after my monocle falls into it.

I was watching it on WREG and there were lowerings at times, looked like an intense storm on radar as well.

Derecho 09-28-2011 08:09 PM

Re: Tornado Elkhart IN
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by davefootball123 (Post 4263)
I was watching it on WREG and there were lowerings at times, looked like an intense storm on radar as well.

Dave, we're not in Egypt anymore.

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...194Ab/220x.jpg

http://media.commercialappeal.com/me...s600a_t607.jpg

If I had a penny for every beaver tail crossing the Mississippi(that's with four S's) in the last two years I'd probably have $0.06. What's up with that, anyway?


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:04 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All original material copyright OntarioStorms.com, all 3rd party material copyrights held by original publisher