PDA

View Full Version : tornado watch london ontario july 24 2011

nachos_666
07-23-2011, 10:11 PM
(sadly many parts of london..like me... didn't get this warning..cause our power has been out for 2 hrs)

A severe thunderstorm is west of St Thomas is moving southeastward at 50 km/h. This storm may be producing a tornado but is showing signs of weakening. The storm will continue on a track southeastward at 50 km/h over the next hour. OPP communications reports damaging winds and 2 large hydro towers collapsed with this storm earlier this evening in eastern Lambton county in the vicinity of forest road and chrchill line. Hail to 3 cm in diameter and wind gusts over 100 km/h are likely with this storm. A second storm south of London is showing rotation on radar and is capable of producing a tornado. This storm is crossing highway 401 south of London and also moving southeastward at 50 km/h. The storm is generally moving towards Aylmer or areas just north of Aylmer. Large hail and wind gusts over 100 km/h are likely with this storm. Severe thunderstorms likely producing tornadoes are imminent or occurring in the area. Large hail, damaging winds and heavy rainfall may also accompany these storms. Monitor weather conditions and take immediate safety precautions if threatening weather approaches.

Tornado watchIssued at 9:04 PM EDT Saturday 23 July 2011

Summary
Possibility of a tornado with severe storms in the regions tonight. This is an alert to the potential development of severe thunderstorms capable of producing tornadoes..Monitor weather conditions and listen for updated bulletins.

TornadoIssued at 9:17 PM Saturday 23 July 2011
Importance: Medium

Description
Tornado Warning for RODNEY - SHEDDEN - WESTERN ELGIN COUNTY =NEW= ST. THOMAS - AYLMER - EASTERN ELGIN COUNTY - STRATHROY - KOMOKA - WESTERN MIDDLESEX COUNTY - LONDON - PARKHILL - EASTERN MIDDLESEX COUNTY

Area Description
RODNEY - SHEDDEN - WESTERN ELGIN COUNTY =NEW= ST. THOMAS - AYLMER - EASTERN ELGIN COUNTY - STRATHROY - KOMOKA - WESTERN MIDDLESEX COUNTY - LONDON - PARKHILL - EASTERN MIDDLESEX COUNTY

ParkingLot
07-23-2011, 10:17 PM
we only had rain so far.....

DarkSky
07-23-2011, 10:39 PM
Storms are definitely starting to fire up at least. They're far and few between, but hopefully will last throughout the night - long enough at least to give everyone a BIT of the action.

I've made a mental note to never move to an arid climate. The weather (or LACK thereof) would just drive me nuts. I'm sure there's deserts on this planet that have seen more moisture than we have in the last couple weeks.

Derecho
07-23-2011, 11:11 PM
Storms are definitely starting to fire up at least. They're far and few between, but hopefully will last throughout the night - long enough at least to give everyone a BIT of the action.

I've made a mental note to never move to an arid climate. The weather (or LACK thereof) would just drive me nuts. I'm sure there's deserts on this planet that have seen more moisture than we have in the last couple weeks.

Thread hijack! :whistling:

We're essentially centrally located for the best weather on this planet! Even living in tornado alley, per se, you get a month of tornadoes then eleven months of jack-all. :cool:

Itchy
07-23-2011, 11:31 PM
I'd say it's a quality vs quantity situation. Today's storm over London exploded right overhead of me and the area of strongest rotation also was directly overhead of me at one point....... It had lift and rotation moving at the tornadic level but looked like it was getting drowned out by rain. If a wall cloud formed I would have called EC

Raedwulf
07-24-2011, 09:40 PM
Sounds like someone is getting some action!..It rained for a few minutes the other day with that small bit of showers that developed..apprently it's the driest it's been here in decades.

On a side note, I'm leaving the website. Seeing as how I can't use the chat.