PDA

View Full Version : Newbie: Aylmer, Quebec Area

Nokturnas
07-18-2011, 03:48 PM
Hi gang,

My name is Chris, I am also from Aylmer Quebec. Storms have never really scared me, but rather, intrigued me. Having experienced the tornado here in 1994, and also seeing one up-close in Florida (and having to take refuge under an over-pass) really opened my eyes to the power and devastation that these storms and forces of mother nature can cause. Ever since, I find myself running to the window during a thunderstorm, or high winds, and asked myself what it would be like to be 'closer' to it... Well I now feel that I have an opportunity to learn how to go about it safely, through this website, and to learn the lingo of course. I've had a strange 'connection' to storms my entire life...and hope to take that to the next level.

JohnCyr and I are long time friends, and we plan on embarking on this adventure as a team. I look forward to meeting you all, please feel free to contact me with any advice or info. I would greatly appreciate it!

Have a stellar day everyone, and happy (and safe) chasing!

Cheerz!
Chris (Nokturnas):D

DarkSky
07-18-2011, 07:21 PM
Thanks for the introduction Nokturnas! Hopefully you're getting more storm action out your way than we are here in southern Ontario.

... although, tonight looks somewhat promising. Gawd knows the grass needs it. It's all brown and yellow!

Nokturnas
07-19-2011, 12:36 PM
Thank you DarkSky! I'm hoping so too! With my luck I pick the worse storm season ever to get into the action! LOL
Cheerz!

ps-- Keep us posted on the activity tonight! thx!

DarkSky
07-19-2011, 01:57 PM
Thank you DarkSky! I'm hoping so too! With my luck I pick the worse storm season ever to get into the action! LOL
Cheerz!

ps-- Keep us posted on the activity tonight! thx!

I've got a bunch of links I've collected and put together over the years for monitoring stuff real-time here: http://www.ontariostorms.com/showthread.php?p=87#post87

It's basically just radar and satellite sites, forecasts, etc.. I've got that page bookmarked and use it throughout the day just to see what's going on.

Doesn't look like much action heading our way in the upcoming future though. Forecasts are more of the same (sunny and hot). Especially Thursday which for here in St. Catharines is predicted to be 37C (and that's WITHOUT the humidity factored in, which here in Niagara is often unbearable).