PDA

View Full Version : Funnel cloud in London

nachos_666
05-06-2011, 07:27 PM
well... i would like to mention how freaken energized I am right now. london ontario...just had a thunderstorm.. and I witnessed a funnel cloud form and partially form near the ground.. it was neat to see all the cloud swirl in wisp-like sections into one area.
I was watching the storm roll in. (on viscount..and wonderland rd south..london. ontari) like I always do..and i was at the ground floor of my building then ran to the back of the building..checking out the clouds..cause they were extremely dark but had some green highlights to them(i hope that made sense..cause thats how i seen it) then I saw this..more like these cloud wisps..moving together...it reminded me of when u see smoke swirl on a campfire...well. it all rotated together. I was unsure if it was going to touch ground..so I contacted 911..just to give the heads up...cause the weather network still said we were sunny. LOL.
it then out of nowhere started to move..then dissappeared as fast as it reappeared. then i got pelted with hail about the size of gobstoppers..for ten mins..sadly i didn't bring my keys so i was stuck..in the hard hail.

I'm trying to find the software to add the pics to this site...and sorry for the novel. i just never experienced anything like this..and it was AMAZING!!! i hope its not my last time..

DarkSky
05-08-2011, 12:41 AM
You don't need any software to upload pictures to the site. Just click on the "Manage Attachments" button towards the bottom (underneath the text box) and it will bring up a file browser window where you select the files.

The site will reject any large photos, so please re-size them down to a max. of 1280 pixels wide (or 800 wide for verticle photos) and it will attach them to your post.

Or you could use a 3rd party image host like ImageShack.com or ImageVenue.com or ImageBam.com

Anspray
05-08-2011, 09:50 AM
I seen some really crazy looking clouds south of me here in Windsor yesterday afternoon. It was real dark and I remember saying to myself man that looks serious....why they not forcasting that storm anywhere? LOL
It would have been on a NE path directly at London.