PDA

View Full Version : April 10, 2011 - Southern Ontario

Smokin Joe
04-11-2011, 10:52 AM
Just wanted to give this day a spot in the current season. Not much other than a couple flashes of lightning and some thunder in Richmond Hill and Bradford yesterday. Bradford was on the outer edge of the tornado watch last night but the storm that crossed Huron stayed to the north and petered out north of Barrie before I crashed out. What did everyne else get?

duruisso
04-11-2011, 04:42 PM
We got a pretty awesome thunderstorm around 1:00 am in Kingston but it didn't last for very long.

obwan
04-11-2011, 04:50 PM
here in niagara, south of the escarpment we are still waiting for something to happen. Other than a few raindrops(not enough to wet the pavement) after lunch today we saw nothing from this event. Did here thunder yesterday but that stayed over lake ontario.

Derecho
04-11-2011, 10:10 PM
There was a massive golf ball sized hail storm from southern Perth County through to Kitchener-Waterloo. Many broken windows and damaged vehicles especially in and around New Hamburg where golf ball sized hail was a foot deep after it fell. Quarter sized hail fell in Kitchener with pea sized in Waterloo.

The storm came onshore Huron County at about 10am and reached KW by about 1115am then Hamilton by about 1145am.

Hurricane Mike
04-11-2011, 10:20 PM
The storm was disapointing in Toronto. I was in the north end of the city and beyond some rain, I only heard one decent rumble of thunder. Better than nothing but could have been better.

-Strike-
08-28-2011, 04:50 PM
My only photo taken from April 10th in Grey-Bruce.

http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww244/StrikeZ31/Lightning.jpg