PDA

View Full Version : first serious weather outbreak for ontario

obwan
03-17-2011, 06:47 PM
And the award goes to, Sault Saint Marie area. Nice line of storms came off Lake Superior stretching from Wawa to the Sault. frequent lightning, small hail and gusty winds.
Looks quite similar to the weather pattern we had last summer.

Smokin Joe
03-17-2011, 10:53 PM
I just saw a flash from distant lightning here in Bradford about 15 min ago nice surprise. Hopefully a sign of things to come

davefootball123
03-18-2011, 12:01 AM
serious? Not to much. I checked the radar and yes i do see what you mean but i wouldnt say anything to break severe limits. Currently a couple of thunderstorms near peterborough nothing severe though. Then again its march the 17th :p. Oh and happy st pattys day.
Could be a big soaker monday/tuesday for us. Possibley some thunderstorms looking at the GFS.

obwan
03-18-2011, 12:14 AM
thats why i said serious, not severe. Who else can claim to have had a good old fashioned thunderstorm this year?? Not just some flashes of lightning. And yes they have held together to move over central ontario leaving the south warm and dry for now;

davefootball123
03-18-2011, 12:16 AM
Yup. Sorry when i say that you said serious i assume that you mean severe but then again i think differently than you. For March the 17th not bad at all. Hopefully its a sign of a good season. Im ready to document it.