PDA

View Full Version : Videos threads moved around

DarkSky
02-13-2011, 12:57 AM
Since I and probably everyone else will be using YouTube to host their vids, I moved all the threads in the old main "Videos" forum, where were locally hosted videos (residing directly on the OntarioStorms server) into a sub-forum, and the main "Videos" forum will now be for all future stuff, using YouTube. The only reason I like to keep the local-hosted files separate from the YouTube video posts, is simply for organizing.

In a month or so I'll probably be creating a new forum called "Cuba Photos + Videos" simply because I'm going there in April and need a spot to send back my media for family/friends to see things as I'm down there. Who knows, might even get some thunderstorm footage :p

obwan
02-13-2011, 08:37 AM
DarkSky, so you're going to cuba hope you have a great trip. Some advice, the internet is very slow and costs about 5cuc's/hour at most hotels. No wireless down there and they are picky about electronics at customs but cameras are fine.
Here is a site to answer any possible question you could have about the area.

http://debbiesreviews.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=Cuba
also attaching a couple pics of the southern terminous of a cold front as it passed our resort, not much rain but quite the wind

DarkSky
02-13-2011, 11:37 AM
DarkSky, so you're going to cuba hope you have a great trip. Some advice, the internet is very slow and costs about 5cuc's/hour at most hotels. No wireless down there and they are picky about electronics at customs but cameras are fine.
Here is a site to answer any possible question you could have about the area.

http://debbiesreviews.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=Cuba
also attaching a couple pics of the southern terminous of a cold front as it passed our resort, not much rain but quite the wind

THanks for the link! Yah I'm on another (non-storm) forum that has a lot of advice about Cuba. Some people say laptops with DVD players are off limits, others say they're fine, etc... I just bought a netbook to bring down with me. Need somewhere to dump off all my photos and video.

Travelers are also required to have traveler's medical insurance now before entering Cuba. Gotta make sure I get that. 'STill waiting for my passport to come in (just mailed it in last week).

If the net is REALLY slow, like dialup speed, I'll just use it for sending back emails to stay in touch with family, and save all the photos/video to my 1Tb external HDD.

We're only going to Varadero for a couple days for a wedding, but I want to get out of there ASAP and spend as much time as possible in Havana, and possibly a day/night in Trinidad (Cuba, not the Trinidad the country).

Derecho
02-14-2011, 10:42 PM
DarkSky, in Havana there is a memorial for John Lennon at John Lennon Park where a statue has been erected of him sitting on a bench where you can sit next to him and get a photo! Be sure to check it out, will ya? And, do report back with your findings. Lennon and storms are my two most important things in my life :whistling:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Lennon_Park