PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Season Predictions

Smokin Joe
01-26-2011, 09:56 AM
I've been looking for anything to give us a hint as to what predictions are or what we can expect (for what its worth) for the upcoming storm season.

Found this on Accuweather :

"Bastardi says La Niņas also tend to "conjure up a more intense severe weather season," which typically ramps up in April into May from the southern Plains to the Great Lakes, mid-Atlantic and Southeast."

I'm taking this as a good sign, I know it really doesnt mean much but after last year I'm looking for any positive signs for the upcoming season.

If anyone has their own predictions or finds anything good news or bad out there post it here.........

davefootball123
01-26-2011, 10:12 AM
I was gonna say.... If you look at past summers. 2008 was a La Nina summer and it was much better than 2010. 2009 was a transition with June25th falling the La Nina part and August 20th falling in the transition over part. 2008 was not a bad storm season actually it was pretty decent. Not as good as 2009 though

Derecho
01-26-2011, 11:52 PM
Well, it's hard to say, really. Most of our area's most notable severe weather events occurred in either El Nino or off season summers. At the same time, a handful significant severe weather episodes occurred during La Nina springs.