PDA

View Full Version : Couple of storms through this week.

davefootball123
01-02-2011, 01:56 PM
Looks like we could be in for a couple of winter storms this week, the first being a weak alberta clipper and the last being a stronger low during the thursday/friday time frame.
Looking at current models the Alberta clipper will be a Tuesday storm. And as is usual with most alberta clippers many areas will see a general 5 or so cm of snow.
The second storm looks the be stronger and more complex. Current indications are that the low will form over the western end of lake superiour and strengthen as it moves east towards the eastern end of the lake. It will then move southward through michigan along the western shore of Lake Huron and then move through Southwest Ontario and up lake erie and then move east towards the Atlantic Coast. With this storm QPF appears to be about 0.10 to 0.25 and if u convert that to the 1:10 ratio it would be about 10-25cm of snow. Tempratures look to be just below or near the freezing mark keeping this as a snow event for almost if not all of us. I will post more information throughout the week.

Derecho
01-04-2011, 04:12 PM
The first clipper today brought in a whopping 2.6cm of snow here in Waterloo! Oh my!

Interesting to see all the bursts of snow that have developed over southern Ontario this afternoon. Looks like some areas could pull off an additional 1-5cm of snow by this evening. Ba-humbug.

davefootball123
01-04-2011, 05:10 PM
Here in Hamilton we have received about 5 or so cm of nice white snow :D. lol
Looks like this next system will bring about 5-10cm of snow mabye a little more in some locals. So not alot of snow from each but better than nothing. I am also watching this storm that will be along the eastern seaboard into the Thursday the 13th and Friday the 14th time frame. We could see some snow from this system that looks to be a very potent one. Current track puts it threw the Delmarva area then threw eastern new york state. It seems to far east but it looks like a large system with a large precip area. The precip area looks to stretch well into Central Ontario. Bears watching.........................

Smokin Joe
01-05-2011, 08:27 AM
Bradford got about 7cm of wet but fluffy snow.....roads were horrible north of hwy 9 snow packed with ice underneath....from about 6pm to 8pm before salters went out........fender benders all over the place

Derecho
01-05-2011, 04:19 PM
The GEM shows some areas of heavy snow on Friday around Grey and Bruce Counties to Toronto to Niagara. Possibly 10cm or more.

Derecho
01-07-2011, 01:37 PM
Leveled off right at 5cm from the second Clipper yesterday... not too bad. Combined with the 3.4cm from the first system, that's a hearty 8.4cm of snow. The most I've received in a 48 hour period since Dec 13.

obwan
01-09-2011, 09:26 AM
not looking good for the next two weeks
http://www.cpc.noaa.gov/products/predictions/threats/p_threats.gif