PDA

View Full Version : Possible eastern seaboard snow storm. around the 19th onward

davefootball123
12-14-2010, 05:28 PM
I was taking a look at the latest GFS today. It is indicating a strong low pressure system of the coast bringing heavy snow to the large cities like new york , phili and washington. At 6z Monday the 20th the GFS indicates a strong low near New York City at about 970-975mb. It will be interesting too see if we get any light snow from this system. Hopefully

Derecho
12-15-2010, 03:19 PM
Very little chance we will see even light flakes from this system. There's a ridge blocking it from affecting us.

davefootball123
12-15-2010, 10:04 PM
Ya thats kinda why i said possible light snow. The ridge is fairly strong keeping this system well to our east. New York City could see a nice snow....

davefootball123
12-16-2010, 10:06 PM
Also. I was looking at some models like GFS. ECMWF NAM ect and there forecasting a system to come off the east coast, early ECMWF runs were indicating a retrogaring system into central ontario, however that has since vanished and it looks like the models agree on a low traveling west:O over Quebec and over James bay

Derecho
12-17-2010, 03:14 PM
Also. I was looking at some models like GFS. ECMWF NAM ect and there forecasting a system to come off the east coast, early ECMWF runs were indicating a retrogaring system into central ontario, however that has since vanished and it looks like the models agree on a low traveling west:O over Quebec and over James bay

For when, 72-120 hrs?

davefootball123
12-17-2010, 03:56 PM
No I was actually looking at about 12z fri to 12z sunday. You see the system over quebec im talking about. At one point the ECMWF had that system going into central ontario.