PDA

View Full Version : AUG 19,2010- Richmond Hill

Smokin Joe
08-19-2010, 02:00 PM
Looking northwest Elgin mills and Leslie

Smokin Joe
08-19-2010, 02:05 PM
Looking up into these clouds is amazing..... Big wind gusts had to be 80k not much rain yet

Smokin Joe
08-19-2010, 02:08 PM
The main precip missed to my northeast to give me these shots.

Smokin Joe
08-19-2010, 02:13 PM
These were all twisting into a centerpoint in the base. Looking up into these clouds it gives major vertical motion visuals almost looking more like a downward motion don't know if it was an illusion or what

Smokin Joe
08-19-2010, 02:22 PM
I guess what I was seeing was the storm being outflow dominant? It was dying out.....I didn't hear any thunder associated with this but there was a shelf cloud at first.......u can see it in the right side of this pic I think. Anyways some cool clouds for
Not having to go anywhere for once. Hardly a storm but thought I'd share the pics anyways

StarryNite
08-19-2010, 02:28 PM
awesome pics Joe! must have looked amazing in person! :smile:

Derecho
08-19-2010, 02:32 PM
Very nice!

Itchy
08-19-2010, 03:57 PM
These were all twisting into a centerpoint in the base. Looking up into these clouds it gives major vertical motion visuals almost looking more like a downward motion don't know if it was an illusion or what

I have noticed a few times a pocket in a shelf cloud that begins to show intense lifting motions causing some cinnamon swirls in the base etc..... Also if a shelf is intense enough there are times it can become inflow dominant again and even become tornadic!

There is an amazing storm in chaseday.com that shows a huge shelf turning back into a massive wall cloud in the archives..... really cool

DarkSky
08-20-2010, 12:12 AM
SmokinJoe: what type of camera are you using? Can it take larger images? Those are great shots but unfortunately I can't tell much from them due to their very small size.

I'd set it so that you're sending at least 1000 pixel-wide images to the site. 1000-1200 wide is usually pretty good, without taking up massive space.

Most people run their PCs at between 1680-1920 wide, so a 1000px wide show will fill most of their screen. The forum is set up to not allow shots much larger than that anyway. (I think I have regular users set to about a 1200px wide maximum)

Cheers!

Smokin Joe
08-20-2010, 09:16 AM
Im using an iphone.......my pc needs work so i cant use it or the one at work for any of my own pics........if there is a way to resize them from the iphone let me know........i have an hd video camera but no way to post stuff on here so i just use the iphone for this for now i figure better the little pics than none at all.....i can see how this is frustrating though lol

DarkSky
08-20-2010, 02:04 PM
Im using an iphone.......my pc needs work so i cant use it or the one at work for any of my own pics........if there is a way to resize them from the iphone let me know........i have an hd video camera but no way to post stuff on here so i just use the iphone for this for now i figure better the little pics than none at all.....i can see how this is frustrating though lol

Hehe. Are you using the app TapaTalk to access this site through your iPhone or just a regular browser?

If you have HD video, you can put it up on YouTube then post the link to it. This site will show the video right in the message.

Smokin Joe
08-20-2010, 04:13 PM
I'm using tapatalk......i dont have a computer right now until i get mine looked at (hopefully in a couple of weeks) this season is over pretty much so i will have a chance to get my act together in a couple of weeks lol

DarkSky
08-20-2010, 11:11 PM
I'm using tapatalk......i dont have a computer right now until i get mine looked at (hopefully in a couple of weeks) this season is over pretty much so i will have a chance to get my act together in a couple of weeks lol

Hehe, our season is just at it's peak me hopes :) Last year Aug.20 was a GREAT day for storms :D :D

Yah it could be the Tapatalk app that's resizing the pictures down. I've been complaining to the authors about that for a long time - resizing pictures down to tiny little things. The fixed it a BIT - making them larger than before (before they were little bigger than a thumbnail) but I'd still like them to offer user option where the user can set the size to resize to in settings somewhere.