RENFREW COUNTY

LANARK COUNTY

LEEDS/GRENVILLE UNITED COUNTIES

CITY OF OTTAWA

STORMONT, DUNDAS AND GLENGARRY UNITED COUNTIES

PRESCOTT & RUSSELL COUNTY

Smokin Joe
07-23-2010, 02:10 PM
Awesome info thanks! EC should be this on the ball last I checked the latest info they had was 5 or 6 years old.....

Looks like I have a better chance seeing a tube staying around where I live than I thought.....

DarkSky
07-24-2010, 04:36 PM
Good map. Although they choose the most difficult colour scheme :) White -> Black would have been easier.

Remember too though, that EC doesn't have the manpower that say NWS in the US does. And years ago we were hardly covered by doppler at all, nor was their such an interest in severe weather by the public as there is now.

I'm sure the actual numbers of tornadoes, including unreported/unknown ones, are probably 3X to 5X more than they numbers on the map.

Now, with more technology, everyone with mobile communications, cameras in their phones, live internet doppler, etc.. we can start getting more accurate numbers.

Derecho
07-24-2010, 04:52 PM
Good map. Although they choose the most difficult colour scheme :) White -> Black would have been easier.

Remember too though, that EC doesn't have the manpower that say NWS in the US does. And years ago we were hardly covered by doppler at all, nor was their such an interest in severe weather by the public as there is now.

I'm sure the actual numbers of tornadoes, including unreported/unknown ones, are probably 3X to 5X more than they numbers on the map.

Now, with more technology, everyone with mobile communications, cameras in their phones, live internet doppler, etc.. we can start getting more accurate numbers.

I made the map :whistling: