PDA

View Full Version : July 11th pop up storms

davefootball123
07-11-2010, 02:36 PM
Thread for pop up storms for today. Nice ones down in oxfard brant

Fatalefemme
07-11-2010, 03:31 PM
There is very loud thunderstorms happening right now in Stoney Creek, Mountain area. It is pouring and my hydro keeps flickering. It looks like a decent storm is brewing!!! Ohh happpy dayyyy :)

DarkSky
07-11-2010, 03:43 PM
There is very loud thunderstorms happening right now in Stoney Creek, Mountain area. It is pouring and my hydro keeps flickering. It looks like a decent storm is brewing!!! Ohh happpy dayyyy :)

I saw an -awesome- towering Cb shoot up - probably the one you're talking about - here in St. Catharines. I couldn't get anywhere to get a good shot of it but it had a really nice strong updraft that was being bent over sideways and pulled over in the upper levels due to sheer. Very photogenic cloud.

seziou
07-11-2010, 05:34 PM
I saw an -awesome- towering Cb shoot up - probably the one you're talking about - here in St. Catharines. I couldn't get anywhere to get a good shot of it but it had a really nice strong updraft that was being bent over sideways and pulled over in the upper levels due to sheer. Very photogenic cloud.

I have got it ! I will display the picture tonight after the final cup !

Itchy
07-11-2010, 08:48 PM
Pic of a possible funnel, I saw this storm buidling , lost sight then followed. Must have done this as I was catching back up, the storm produced a wall cloud after that I have lots of pics of.

Smokin Joe
07-12-2010, 10:52 AM
Intercepted the rotating storm that crossed cooks bay from west to east from south end of Barrie to hwy 89. This was the best storm of the year for me after some fruitless chases. Saw it as a dot of red on the radar heading toward Bradford and me and the gf headed out not realizing the intensity that was building. We ended up on the southaide of the storm and ran into heavy sheets of rain accompanied by a few large hailstones that were extremely loud on the car. I didn't zero in one one to try and size it but judging by the knocks it scared me a bit as visibility Dropped. Got it on iPhone video but can't seem
To post it from the phone. Took a couple pics but until I get my pc fixed no video. Happy with the nice surprise didn't expect such a strong storm today. First pic is northbound on 11 on the way to it

Smokin Joe
07-12-2010, 11:41 AM
This is the backside of it as it crosse cooks bay looking north east

Itchy
07-12-2010, 11:57 AM
That's a nice looking storm!