PDA

View Full Version : Possible storms today and tomorrow (July 7th and 8th)

Eabie
07-07-2010, 12:27 PM
Just thought I'd create a thread for the possible storms today and tomorrow, so not everything gets lost in the chat. :)

Storm Chaser
07-07-2010, 12:31 PM
http://rapidrefresh.noaa.gov/hrrrconus/Welcome.cgi?dsKey=hrrr&domain=t3&run_time=07+Jul+2010+-+13Z

davefootball123
07-07-2010, 12:31 PM
Storms may fire today on lake brezze fronts and we all know that lake brezze front can be weird mabye some rotation? Lets hope. Tomarrow night and pre dawn on friday look decent for thunderstorm activity along the cold front WRF and SREF are both suggesting storms along the coldfront and HRRR is saying storms possible along lake breeze fronts today. All this heat and humidity has to go somewhere

xxCanuck
07-07-2010, 01:21 PM
do you guys think we will get anything good?

davefootball123
07-07-2010, 02:01 PM
late tomarrow will be our best shot but u cant rule anything out today

Derecho
07-07-2010, 05:21 PM
Looks like we'll have a classic episode of thunderstorm activity tomorrow... a late evening/overnight cold front MCS! I will not speculate on anything else about it. Analysis in the morning... or later tonight!

Fatalefemme
07-07-2010, 07:04 PM
There's loud cracking thunder here in Stoney Creek. Just started about 20 mins ago (around 7pm). The clouds look pretty ominous... they seemed to have come from nowhere, lol. Anyway, thought some of you would like to know!

davefootball123
07-07-2010, 09:49 PM
Hey guys this is the system that is coming are way for tomarrow just thought id post a radar pic

Smokin Joe
07-08-2010, 10:15 AM
Checking things out on the hhhr looks like there
Could be some isolated storms popping up prior to the front passing in the area to te south and west of Barrie. I get off around 3 in Toronto and will be heading north I think unless something changes looking like up north will have more instability today unless there is some lake effect type storms. That's my two cents now I stuck my neck out and said it it will probably go down waaaay different.....

davefootball123
07-08-2010, 11:38 AM
Just wanted to post something for monday and tuesday.
...DISCUSSION...
BROAD TROUGH IS FORECAST TO REMAIN OVER MOST OF THE CONUS...EXCEPT
THE SWRN STATES SUN/DAY4 AND MON/DAY 5...WITH THE RIDGE GRADUALLY
BUILDING BACK INTO THE SRN AND CENTRAL STATES BY TUE/DAY 6.
THOUGH DIFFERENCES ON TIMING EXIST BETWEEN THE VARIOUS MEDIUM RANGE
MODELS...WITHIN THE BROADER TROUGH A SHORTWAVE TROUGH IS FORECAST TO
DIG SEWD INTO THE MID/UPPER MS VALLEY ON SUN AND THEN SHIFT EWD
ACROSS THE GREAT LAKES/OH VALLEY ON MON...AND INTO THE NERN STATES
ON TUE. A COLD FRONT SHOULD SPREAD EWD AND SWD AHEAD OF THIS IMPULSE
AND AN UNSTABLE ENVIRONMENT SHOULD BE FAVORABLE FOR THUNDERSTORMS
FROM THE UPPER MS VALLEY SWD INTO PORTIONS OF CENTRAL/SRN PLAINS
SUN...GREAT LAKES/OH VALLEY MON AND THE MID ATLANTIC STATES NWD INTO
NEW ENGLAND TUE. SEVERE POTENTIAL CERTAINLY APPEARS POSSIBLE ALL
THREE DAYS ACROSS PORTIONS OF THE PRE MENTIONED AREAS...BUT
DIFFERENCES IN MODEL SPEED/LOCATION AND CONSEQUENT THREAT AREAS...AS
WELL AS MARGINAL SHEAR FOR SUPERCELLS...PRECLUDES 30% OUTLOOK AREAS
ATTM

Derecho
07-08-2010, 02:31 PM
SEVERE WEATHER BULLETIN
ISSUED BY ENVIRONMENT CANADA
AT 2:28 PM EDT THURSDAY 8 JULY 2010.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
WATCHES/WARNINGS IN EFFECT FOR SOUTHERN ONTARIO...

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH FOR:
=NEW= WINDSOR - ESSEX - CHATHAM-KENT
=NEW= SARNIA - LAMBTON
=NEW= LONDON - MIDDLESEX
=NEW= HURON - PERTH
=NEW= WATERLOO - WELLINGTON
=NEW= GREY - BRUCE
=NEW= BARRIE - ORILLIA - MIDLAND
=NEW= PETERBOROUGH - KAWARTHA LAKES
=NEW= PARRY SOUND - MUSKOKA.

==DISCUSSION==
THUNDERSTORMS HAVE DEVELOPED ALONG THE LAKE BREEZES THIS AFTERNOON.
THESE STORMS ARE SLOW MOVING AND CAPABLE OF PRODUCING LOCALIZED
TORRENTIAL DOWNPOURS OF 50 MM OR MORE IN AN HOUR. STRONG WIND GUSTS
ARE ALSO POSSIBLE WITH THESE STORMS.

Fatalefemme
07-08-2010, 02:58 PM
I hope we get some severe thunderstorms tonight or tomorrow in Stoney Creek. We don't see too many of them but this system that is passing through looks like it might be a good one. The only thing about severe thunderstorms around here is that the power goes out almost EVERY time! I have a generator but it's definitley not enough to run everything I want... and it's really loud, lol. Anyone know anything more about this system???

davefootball123
07-08-2010, 03:02 PM
Well storms today are possible along lake breeze fronts but that will most licley be confined to southwestern / midwestern ontario but with the could front tonight we could see some storms main thing will be lightning and rain. Severe threat isnt that great interms of hail , tornadic activity , high winds but some storng winds are possible, Just issued
Severe thunderstorm warning for
Saugeen Shores - Kincardine - Southern Bruce County issued

Persons in or near this area should be on the lookout for adverse weather conditions and take necessary safety precautions. Watch for updated statements.

Please refer to the latest public forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through your local radio and television stations or Weatheradio.

davefootball123
07-08-2010, 03:10 PM
At 3 PM radar indicates a severe thunderstorm near mildmay moving slowly to the northeast. Torrential downpours and strong wind gusts are associated with this storm. There is also the possibility of a tornado.

Derecho
07-08-2010, 03:23 PM
That thunderstorm near Mildmay has now exited Bruce County and has completely dissipated into nothing. Wonder how much longer EC will continue the warning? My bet is 30 more minutes.

EDIT: It's been 45 minutes now. lol

davefootball123
07-08-2010, 03:37 PM
Haha ya i see that to they issue there warnings kinda late sometimes. Its like the one guy monitoring radars has a blatter problem

Derecho
07-08-2010, 06:07 PM
I heard a report from Clifford during the storm over NE Huron County, south of Mildmay, on that cell that developed then fizzled, there was extremely heavy rain, intense lightning, and the power was knocked out in the town.