PDA

View Full Version : GRLevelX

DarkSky
06-10-2010, 10:41 AM
My attempt at using this has failed miserably..

The "Site" menu heading at the top is greyed out, so I'm stuck on some Alabama site.

The GRLevelX forum registration is WRECKED. I tried to register on their forums to ask about the greyed out part, and their forum will NOT let me join. Says the password needs to be 6-30 characters long. I've entered passwords with 6, 8, and 10 characters. It keeps saying it needs to be between 6-30 characters long. Bwah... and of course, no way to email them to tell them about it.

Anyone know how to get around this greyed out "Site" menu column??

(this is for GRLevel2 btw)

Derecho
06-10-2010, 12:57 PM
I'm not sure, DarkSky, I'll PM you Mike's email. I had issues about three years ago and Mike knew exactly what to do. (He owns Gibson Ridge)

DarkSky
06-10-2010, 01:26 PM
Yah I've emailed admin@<hidden> that domain about the issue about registering, and the "Site" menu being greyed out. Hopefully he knows a fix. Thanks for the reply!

Derecho
06-10-2010, 01:40 PM
Yah I've emailed admin@<hidden> that domain about the issue about registering, and the "Site" menu being greyed out. Hopefully he knows a fix. Thanks for the reply!

No problem. I'm happy you've decided to go Gibson Ridge, once again! Really amplifies the Ontario thunderstorm experience with some in-depth analysis of the storms as they pass on by. :cool:

EDIT: Are you using GRL2 or GRL2AE?

Smokin Joe
06-10-2010, 02:26 PM
Is this software good for everywhere in Ontario or is it only best if you live somewhere within the US radar coverage?

Derecho
06-10-2010, 03:42 PM
Is this software good for everywhere in Ontario or is it only best if you live somewhere within the US radar coverage?

It's basically good for areas in a line from about Parry Sound to Pembroke and all points south. Barrie is only 95 miles from KBUF, it's pretty decent for you. For the rest of southern Ontario, it only gets better with KBUF, KDTX, KCLE, and KTYX.

EDIT: KBUF can easily see rotation in thunderstorms over Bruce/Grey/Dufferin/Simcoe counties.

DarkSky
06-11-2010, 02:37 AM
It's definitely not "ready to use" software.

My "Site" menu wasn't accessible. I had to do a lot of searching and reading to find out I needed to add an URL into the "Configure Polling" settings. And only an email from the actual author got me the URL to put in there. And even after that, the Canadian side of maps is just blank.

Real pain-in-the-arse program for first time users. I think I remember why I uninstalled it a few years back...

Derecho
06-11-2010, 11:42 AM
It's definitely not "ready to use" software.

My "Site" menu wasn't accessible. I had to do a lot of searching and reading to find out I needed to add an URL into the "Configure Polling" settings. And only an email from the actual author got me the URL to put in there. And even after that, the Canadian side of maps is just blank.

Real pain-in-the-arse program for first time users. I think I remember why I uninstalled it a few years back...

I PM'd you the place and shapefiles for Ontario. You also might need to configure warnings. Click 'Vew' drop town to 'Warning Settings' and enter http://warnings.michiganwxsystem.net into the box.

davefootball123
06-29-2010, 04:53 PM
I just bought GR Level 3 and it is sweet i had many trials before and i didnt like the black but now its gone. Its so awesome