PDA

View Full Version : ALL POSTERS: PLEASE POST CONTENT *DIRECTLY* INTO MSGS

DarkSky
05-25-2010, 12:35 AM
This forum is set up to allow HTML into posts, so you can simply copy and paste HTML from other pages straight into your message.

PLEASE do this, and do not just post lots of links off the site. The whole purpose of this site is to get as much locally-stored information, pictures, etc... housed right here inside the forum.

If you run another site, I don't mind you having a single-line link to it in your signature, but please don't use your posts just to drive more traffic to your site. Doing so really diminishes the content and purpose of this forum. So if you have a page already set up elsewhere, and want to share it all on here, simply copy and paste it all directly into a msg here.

Thank you !!

Itchy
06-09-2010, 05:06 PM
You dont mind storing photos on other sites and maybe the odd link to a page with hi rez images if people want them, I try to never link to where I store photos unless I think people would really want the shots full rez and I don't upload because the photo software I use is terrible at downsizing. I figure I post so many it would be mean sending them to you all the time to downsize for me :)

DarkSky
06-09-2010, 10:07 PM
You dont mind storing photos on other sites and maybe the odd link to a page with hi rez images if people want them, I try to never link to where I store photos unless I think people would really want the shots full rez and I don't upload because the photo software I use is terrible at downsizing. I figure I post so many it would be mean sending them to you all the time to downsize for me :)

Yah if someone wants to use an image host, that's perfectly fine. What I was referring to was links to other web pages. Eg: someone might post a msg saying "check out my page here: [link]". I'd prefer them just highlight the info on that page, select copy, start a new msg here, select paste. THat way it's permanently part of the forum, and if a link or server goes down somewhere else, it doesn't affect the content here.

Some people will change servers, domain names, or just alter their directory structure. So if they have linked content on here, it all becomes useless. But if someone's using a well-known image host such as Imagevenue, Flickr, etc... there shouldn't be any problems.

I was more referring to people posting links to other web pages for to see their photos/information. HTML code is allowed in posts so anyone can just copy/paste content from other sites directly into there msgs.

Cheers!