PDA

View Full Version : Semi Trailer Flipped by El Reno EF5 Tornado - Full Version - 31st May 2013

DarkSky
06-07-2013, 02:09 PM
They should make houses out of whatever type of wood is in those trees across the street! All the trees - WITH LEAVES! - are still standing!!

Semi Trailer Flipped by El Reno EF5 Tornado - Full Version - 31st May 2013 - YouTube

Human Barometer
06-07-2013, 03:38 PM
Wow ! what an amazing video !! The guy in the ''Semi-truck'' must be praying a that moment !!
We wont see that kind of video too often !... and it was trully ''scary''.

obwan
06-07-2013, 06:26 PM
This video leads to a lot of questions. Why would the guy with the go pro actually stop moving while in an active lane of traffic instead of pulling on to the shoulder. The truck skids to miss the car nearly jackknifing and still hits the car. I would say the wind might have helped but more likely the trucks load shifted and caused the truck to tip. Wonder if anyone was charged??? or injured?? Cops got there pretty fast though.
This video could be used as a what not to do if caught in a storm driving on a highway. Under passes are brutal for anyone travelling in the plains during a storm they are accident traps.

Human Barometer
06-08-2013, 10:49 AM
Thats true ! The guy in the video wasn't really bright but remember in storm chasing situation, alot of person take alot of unsafe decision. You probably saw that in many video, alot of car is going the wrong way !! Its crazy ! Its like there is nobody else with them on the road. If you wanna see a situation like this watch carefully at : 4 minute 10 sec of this video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ScKKYV8u6E a least 3 vehicules was on the wrong side of the road.
Chasing storm is not for everyone that's for sure ! I was the other day in Quebec following other chasers and they were driving at around 145-150 km-H until I call the chase over with them ! They were not going where we needed to be and I turn around and left 3 cars going the wrong way and risking not only their life but others life too ! I finaly 1-2 hours later get a pretty nice funnel cloud totally the opposite way ! ;)