PDA

View Full Version : Hello From Bowmanville

Storm Ham
08-28-2009, 10:02 PM
I was looking for records of tornado's on Aug 20 09 and found this site (I will post why later). Looks like I got in on the ground floor. I'm a member of Canwarn, I belong to an amateur radio club in Oshawa, NSARC (North Shore Amateur Radio Club). Many of our members are also members of Canwarn. I will be forwarding this site onto them.

DarkSky
08-29-2009, 12:28 PM
I was looking for records of tornado's on Aug 20 09 and found this site (I will post why later). Looks like I got in on the ground floor. I'm a member of Canwarn, I belong to an amateur radio club in Oshawa, NSARC (North Shore Amateur Radio Club). Many of our members are also members of Canwarn. I will be forwarding this site onto them.

Welcome aboard! Yes the site just switched over to a forum-based layout. Something I should have done a LONG time ago. Over the past 10 yrs of the site's existence people have been sending me information, pictures, links, etc.. which I in turn had to load up a web editor, paste into the site, update pages, etc..

Then there are many people leaving feedback to me asking for information on certain things, which I would have to forward to someone else.

With the forum setup, everyone can instantly post their own questions, pictures, links, etc. So once the userbase grows I'm hoping it'll become a good source of information and discussion for everyone.

As for right now, I've still got to complete moving all the material from the old site over... Luckily it's going relatively smoothly so far [knock on wood] :)